Tips for decorating your home

Home 1 Forums Everything else Chit chat Tips for decorating your home

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Helen Helen 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jessica
    Jessica
    Participant

The process of decorating your home doesn’t need to be expensive and complex. Instead, think about small changes, and crafty project that could help you refresh your furniture or add creative decorations.

What would be your best tips for decorating a home? Do you have some simple ideas that all of us can use?

Profile photo of Sylvia
    Sylvia
    Participant

I love rooms that are bright and full of natural light if possible. I also prefer neutral colors, so here are my top three tips:

1. Keep wall colors light and neutral
    2. Have enough lighting (preferably lamps)
    3. Use mirrors to make the room seem bigger and brighter

Profile photo of Megan
    Megan
    Participant

Resist overcrowding a room – This can make a house or an apartment look quite messy and untidy. I prefer a simple look with as few items as possible.
    When hanging a picture, make sure its middle is in the eye level. This way it attracts the attention and it’s easy to look at it (no raising the view)
    Set up priorities – For example, when decorating the living room, a nice-looking, comfortable sofa should be a priority (if you don’t have enough money for the lamps or mirrors, you can buy those later)

Profile photo of Helen
    Helen
    Participant

One of the best tips my friend gave it to me was to pick the wall color last. There are plenty of colors on the market, but it is important that the color matches everything inside, including furniture, home decor, the rug, etc. It should sort of complement the room and make everything look like nice together.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Register

Skip to toolbar